Oil Flow rate monitoring in Carpet Ovens
A manufacturer of flooring systems is using the IC-LPM inline paddlewheel meter to monitor the flow of oil through chilled textile rollers in it carpet substrate ovens. Forbo is an internationally recognised manufacturer of vinyl, linoleum and carpet floor coverings.
In its carpet substrate ovens, Forbo uses chilled textile rollers, cooled by oil flow, to prevent the substrate from sticking to the rollers or blistering. Due to carbonisation, the flow of oil through the rollers can become obstructed, thereby reducing the cooling efficiency; to improve knowledge of cooling oil flow rates and ensure that they do not fall below a critical level for effective cooling, Forbo has added a series of IC-LPM flow meters and flow indicators to the oil cooling system with a 4 – 20 mA signal and a low flow alarm for remote monitoring and control of the process.
Forbo chose the IC-LPM flow meter because of its ability to operate at high temperatures together with a robust design, features that make it a reliable and cost effective option for this and similar process cooling applications.
Are you looking for a flow meter for your application?
We would be happy to assist you with selection of the correct flow meter for your applications. Not only do we assist you with the correct Flow meter but we manufacture and calibrate all our flow meters in house. We look forward to hearing from you.
IC-LPM PADDLE WHEEL METER FEATURES:
- High temperature operation, up to 350°C
- Cost-effective meters for a broad range of liquids
- Good accuracy with low pressure drop
- Robust stainless steel construction
- Versatile, adaptable design with custom options
- High pressure rating up to 100 bar
- Variable flow instruments & displays for both compact or remote installs
- Choice of outputs including pulse, 4-20 mA
- Fuel & oil monitoring
- High temp thermal oil monitoring
- Chilled water circuit monitoring
- Chemical & water batching